Who Should I Call?

The village office provides general information and referral on a variety of issues. Sometimes it is hard to know whether a particular item falls under the purview of Columbia Association or some other agency. When in doubt, give us a call at 410-730-7327.

How to Report a Problem on CA Open Space:

How to Report a Problem to Howard County:

  • Tell HoCo: An easy way to report issues concerning potholes, graffiti, sidewalks, roadways, traffic signals, signs, sewer or water, parks, or trees. Download the app to your mobile device or access it on the County web site.
  • Damaged cable boxes: Take a photo and send it to the Cable Administrator at cadmin@howardcountymd.gov.
  • Graffiti: Use Tell HoCo or contact the police non-emergency number (410-313-2200). If the graffiti is on a CA tot lot, call the village office or CA Open Space to report it.
  • Road condition, sidewalk, storm drainage or street tree problems: Use Tell HoCo or contact Highways Operations Division at highways@howardcountymd.gov or 410-313-7450.
  • Traffic signal, intersection safety, traffic calming or mistimed signal concerns: Use Tell HoCo or contact Traffic Engineering Division at traffic@howardcountymd.gov or 410-313-2430.
  • Other issues: Use the Contact Us form found on the Howard County Government web site or call 410-313-2022 for information and referral.

Other Helpful Howard County Government Information:

Howard County Government: www.howardcountymd.gov

Licensing and Permits: 410-313-2455

Trash and Recycling Information: 410-313-6444

Water and Sewer Emergencies: 410-313-4900

Howard County Animal Control 410-313-2780

Howard County Library  
Central branch: 410-313-7800
East Columbia branch: 410-313-7700

Columbia Association: 410-715-3000
Aquatics Office: 410-381-1096
Assessments: 410-715-3058
Before and After School Care: 410-715-3164
Memberships: 410-730-1802
Grassroots Crisis Intervention 410-531-6006

Howard County General Hospital 
Main: 410-740-7890
Emergency: 410-740-7777

Post Office (Main Columbia): 410-381-4373

Voter Information: 410-313-2727

Howard County Public Schools: 410-313-6600

Columbia Villages: www.columbiavillages.org

Transportation Resources
Howard Transit: www.howardtransit.com
Commuter Bus: www.mtamaryland.com
MARC Train Service: www.mtamaryland.com
BWI Airport: www.bwiairport.com

Local News Media
Baltimore Sun newspaper: www.baltimoresun.com
Washington Post newspaper: www.washingtonpost.com
Columbia Flier newspaper: www.exploreHoward.com
Columbia Patch news web site: columbia.patch.com

Translation Link
Foreign Information and Referral Network www.firnonline.org